Mid Level Web Designers / Experience Designers
Our Picos team is expanding, and we’re on the lookout for a Web Designer / Experience Designer who is excited to join a fast-paced working environment with lots of growth opportunities.
Who are we?
We are Picos. A Melbourne-based creative agency full of creative thinkers and digital natives who specialise in digital marketing.
There are currently 7 of us working as strategists, writers, designers, developers and photographers from our studio just off Chapel St in South Yarra. Our team works to translate people’s needs into meaningful and useable products and services through ideation, testing and implementation.
Our end-to-end marketing offerings cover the full spectrum of production requirements – including; social media marketing, website design, web development, content creation, brand design, graphic design, copywriting, photography, videography, online strategy & consulting.
Who are you?
An Experience Designer who loves working closely with other passionate and talented creatives to solve real problems for real people.
You’ve worked as a designer (and with other designers) for at least two years to understand the ins and outs of working with clients. You work with the team to create the right conditions for collaboration, creativity and experimentation to thrive. You seek out to improve your tools, processes, methodologies and approaches regularly.
You use your previous experience delivering high-quality work to guide team members towards best practice methodologies across UX/UI design, interaction design, visual communication and branding, as well as prototyping and testing of digital products and services.
What you will bring:
- Technical knowledge and experience in user experience design methodologies and their application to digital design and product outcomes
- 2 years of agency experience is preferred
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows and site maps
- Proficient in Figma and Adobe CC (particularly InDesign & Illustrator)
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to development and final handover
- Ability to work autonomously and think laterally through creative problem solving
- You’re comfortable working alongside clients remotely and in person
- Friendly and positive team player
- Eager to learn new and develop existing skills
- Attitude to go the extra mile to discover uniqueness for a brand
- Conceptualising creative ideas with clients
- Preparing a design strategy, concepts and presenting the website designs throughout each phase of the project
- Designing visual designs for websites and presentations
- Communicate feedback and project progress with the internal team
- Work with the design team to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise with clients on project briefs and design feedback
- Work closely with our in-house developer to ensure a smooth handover from design to development.
Some of the benefits of working with us:
We care about the experience and well-being of our team. Here are some of the benefits our team enjoys:
- We support a flexible working environment, whether it’s from home or the office or a cafe.
- A feedback-friendly culture, where we make space for open and respectful sharing of feedback that helps us grow.
- A dog-friendly office, so expect lots of puppy cuddles!
- We support our team taking mental health days as personal leave that they don’t need to explain or have a medical certificate for.
- Our team can grow their career with a generous professional development allowance of $2,500 and hands-on learning opportunities.
- Referral programs in place that can earn team members 10% of the total project fee per successful referral.
The salary band for this role is between $60,000 – $80,000 per annum (plus superannuation), depending on your experience level.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity and career progression, it may be time to join the Picos Family.
To be considered, please send us your resume, folio of work and a cover letter answering the following question:
- What has attracted you to this role and why would you be a good fit?
- What was your favourite design project and why?